The latest numbers are in and The Fate of The Furious is still the US Box Office king for a second weekend in a row managing to bring in $38.7 million.
While this is down considerably from last weekends opening of $100.2 million. Its Predecessor Furious 7 which grossed around $145 million for its first weekend and then an additional $73 million in its second weekend. This of course was falling the shocking news of Paul Walker’s passing and was going to be the last film where he physically acted in.
However, Fate of the Furious brought in $163 million internationally this weekend which means it has hauled in $908 million after only 2 weeks. in addition the movie is expected to cross the $1 billion mark during this upcoming weekend. This means that Fate of the Furious has toppled the previous record held by Star Wars: The Force awakens.
Rounding out the top five this weekend were The Boss Baby ($12.8 million), Beauty and the Beast ($10 million), Born in China ($5.1 million), and Going in Style ($5 million).
US April 21-23 Box Office Estimates
- The Fate of the Furious – $38.7 million
- The Boss Baby – $ 12.8 million
- Beauty and the Beast – $10 million
- Born In China – $5.1 million
- Going In Style – $5 million
- Smurfs: The Lost Village – $4.8 million
- Unforgettable – $4.8 million
- Gifted – $4.5 million
- The Promise – $4.1 million
- The Lost City of Z – $2.1 million