Today, indie game developer Harebrained Schemes released Shadowrun: Hong Kong – Extended Edition as a FREE upgrade to all existing owners ofShadowrun: Hong Kong. This Extended Edition is the definitive version ofShadowrun: Hong Kong, the third standalone game in the critically acclaimedShadowrun RPG series that takes fantasy and mashes it with cyberpunk for an enthralling gameplay experience.
Shadowrun: Hong Kong – Extended Edition adds the all-new, 6+ hourShadows of Hong Kong Bonus Campaign to the game – delivering on a funding goal achieved by fans in Harebrained Schemes’ wildly successfulShadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter. The Extended Edition also adds audio commentary to the game and a long list of improvements since the game’s initial launch – including new visual effects, updated dialogue, and editor features (for User-Generated Content).
- A Classic, Story-Driven RPG:Shadowrun: Hong Kong hearkens back to the golden age of computer RPG’s with a novel-like, non-linear narrative full of sharp prose and deep character development.
- A One-of-a-Kind Cyberpunk Setting: Experience the unique tech-meets-magic dystopian future of Shadowrun, a fan-favorite game for over 25 years. Shadowrun: Hong Kong is a perfect entry point to the setting for those with no prior Shadowrun experience, while providing plenty of classic Shadowrun characters and tech for veteran players to sink their teeth into.
- Command Your Team: Just like Shadowrun: Dragonfall, Shadowrun: Hong Kong features a crew of flawed, dangerous runners with backstories that could only be possible in the tech-meets-magic Shadowrun setting. The members of your team are designed to play contrasting roles during missions, and each has a distinct set of skills, abilities, strengths, and weaknesses. Each team member also has challenges to face in their own lives, which you can choose to brush aside or play an important part in.
- Gripping, Turn-Based Tactical Combat: When you’re running in the shadows, every turn matters. Choose your actions wisely – move to better cover, charge into melee, or lob a fireball into a crowd of enemies. With over 200 weapons and spells at your disposal, every turn is filled with meaningful choices.
- Skill-Based Character Progression: Choose a starting character archetype and build from there! Street Samurai and Physical Adepts use advanced combat skills to dominate the battlefield, Shamans and Mages summon powerful allies and cast deadly spells, while Riggers and Deckers provide critical technological support, projecting their consciousness directly into drones and computer systems. Shadowrun: Hong Kong’s classless skill system allows you to grow your character in any direction you choose.