Minecraft has been around for about six years now and it is still releasing consistent updates despite being sold to Microsoft and having a Windows 10 app being made for it.
Minecraft has had an issue plaguing it with its variety or armors and wide range of damage reduction. A player who is not wearing any armor will take full damage but if a user is wearing diamond armor then they will take 1/5 of that damage.
This has caused huge balancing issues for players who PvP and this has caught Mojang’s attention. The first major change is that the best armor (diamond) will only reduce the damage by 66% and it was originally 80%.
Mojang made a post on Reddit that explains it easily.
“First, the total armor value is calculated as normal, then it’s decreased by 50% of the incoming damage, and then it’s divided by 30 instead of 25. So now the protection percentage gets weaker from strong attacks, and the maximum protection is 66% (instead of 80%).
For example, if you have 10 armor and the attack deals 8 damage, the damage will be reduced by (10 – 8 * 0.5) / 30 = 20%, thus dealing 6.4 points of damage (old system would deal 4.8 points of damage).”
Mojang has also made some other strange changes.
- Rebalanced armor.
- Changed damage & protection enchantments to match new armor system.
- Fixed a few AI bugs across lots of mobs.
- Made Endermen creepy again.
- More optimizations! Many optimizations!
- Added player collision again.
- Fishing rods can now catch entities properly again.
- Added team-based options for collision.
- The world may corrupt slightly less times now! Or slightly more, we’re not sure!
- I like hugs!