Ocelots are tamable animals in Minecraft and are tamed similarly to parrots. There is no clear advantage to owning an ocelot other than it is a cool pet to have. It will behave like a cat once it is tamed.
To tame an ocelot in Minecraft, you will need a raw fish. I recommend having ten or so on you, but you will only need several to tame the ocelot. When approaching the ocelot, it is important to stay completely still. Otherwise, you will scare it off. While staying completely still, hold the raw fish in your hand, and the ocelot will eventually notice it.
Make sure you are in a wide open space when trying to tame the ocelot, otherwise it will not work.
Once the ocelot starts heading towards you while holding the raw fish in your hand, you will use game control to give the fish to the ocelot. It varies between games.
- For PC/Mac, right click and hold.
- For Pocket Edition (PE), you tap and hold.
- For PS3 and PS4, press and hold the L2 button on the PS controller.
- For Xbox 360 and Xbox One, press and hold the LT button on the Xbox controller.
- For Windows 10 Edition, right click and hold.
- For Wii U, press and hold the ZL button on the gamepad.
- For Nintendo Switch, press and hold the ZL button on the controller.
- For Education Edition, right click and hold.
Once the ocelot has eaten the fish, you will start to see red hearts appear above its head. You will start to see it turn into a cute cat. The ocelot has now been tamed.
Once taming is complete, the ocelot will start behaving like a cat.