Sandbox Interactive has ended its 4-week Summer Alpha event for Albion Online and it’s working on improvements and bug fixing for its upcoming Closed Beta.
A total 18,279 players from over 150+ countries took part in alpha testing this summer. There were 37,000+ buildings constructed and over 22,000 characters were killed in PvP. While the numbers are not very detailed and or broken down there was a nice medium of players who seemed to enjoy both PvE and PvP making the population fun for all sorts of players. Now that the Alpha is closed though Sandbox Interactive has released a roadmap for improving gameplay with a few key focus areas which you can look at below.
- Flattening of the gear power curve to ensure more balanced PvP
- Tailoring gear to 19 different combat styles
- Removal of Silver Tax
- Complete rework of Learning Points system
- Expansions on the “Hellgate” concept
- Introduction of Open World PvP events
- Improved Guild Management tools and logs
The community reacted very positively to this roadmap and they are very excited about the upcoming changes and many are looking forward to the closed beta. On the official forums, there are over 20 pages of responses from players that are very eager about the game’s progress and that are looking forward the next beta event.